2021 Vision Board Guide: Helpful Templates & Printouts
Own Your Year
We are coming to the end of what has been quite a year. At the close of 2020 we are taking in some self care and appreciation for the good things that came from this year; like our interview with NPR’s Guy Raz on “How I built this''. Thank you to everyone who listened, shared, and responded to both episodes! We’re so grateful for the love & support we’ve had on our journey; which is why we want to celebrate you, your strength, and the lessons we’ve all learned going into 2021. So as we start reflecting and manifesting the year to come with a bottle of our favorite Sparkling Brut, (or two, maybe three, ...) let us cheers to closing 2020 with style!
Our 2021 vision boards both personally and professionally act as affirmations that remind us to live our best lives, every day. Creating visual reminders of our daily mantras has helped us turn our wildest dreams and innermost desires into reality; and can help you do the same! Whether you’re a vision board goddess or a first timer, we've created a vision board guide to help organize your goals and dreams while leading you through the creative process, every step of the way. Now it’s time to manifest your best year to date!
What You’ll Need:
Your very own McBride Sisters Vision Boarding Template 2021 - download here!
- A physical Vision Board — we’ve ordered this set in the past
- Magazines & Prints (we love a good vintage)
- A bottle of Black Girl Magic Sparkling Brut
Step One: Center the Future with Past & PresentFirst off, make sure you have a full glass of wine!
- Then take some time to deeply reflect on your accomplishments, milestones and events from this past year. It’s also important to think of any areas where you see room for improvement in your life. Reflection can be done alone, but also presents a sweet opportunity to check in with friends and family at the start of the New Year.
- Next, focus on building the future of your dreams. Start to envision your life a year from now: dream up what you hope to accomplish and any changes or steps that might be necessary to make those accomplishments happen.
- When conceptualizing your board, think deeply about what you want to invite into your life on a daily basis.
- If it helps, write it all down! Think of your vision board as a kind of photo journal, that will make a habit of actually journaling your past, present and future. This will continue to help you map out your ideas and track your progress.
Step Two: Attract Positive Energy
- Decide on one or several related themes to set the mood for your board.
- We like to center our content around values such as quality, creativity, gratitude, etc. (but you can also get specific: professional, health & wellness, relationships… ).
- Find messages and symbols that you make you feel inspired, excited, and alive. You want this vision board to carry you through the entire year, so it has to be amazing.
- Pull a mix of imagery, art work, words, and quotes from anywhere that you can cut and paste.
- We like to use blogs and magazines to get us started.
- Our go tos for this year are: Essence, Forbes, Refinery29, Wine Enthusiast, Well+Good, The Every Girl, Time Magazine, Vanity Fair, and so many more!
- We like to use blogs and magazines to get us started.
Tip: Pinterest is a great start for inspo; in fact, the whole site is kind of like a huge, digital vision board. This is the perfect platform to keep up your vision boarding throughout the year. But for now, print out your favorite pins and focus on a physical vision board that you can hang on your wall. It’s important that you are reminded every day of your hopes, dreams and inspiration.
- After you’ve exhausted the internet and your magazines/articles/etc., print out, cut out, and gather all of the content that you’ve collected.
- Content can be any and everything that you want to manifest for this upcoming year: magazine cut outs, printouts from your favorite blogs, postcards you’ve collected from traveling, the business card from your favorite restaurant…
Step Three: Design the Reality of Your DreamsStart the crafting process and pour more wine! (Check out our wine club for more!)
- It's a great idea to share your research and goals with friends and communicating your ideas is a rewarding way to start your relationship with your vision board and your future.
- Take your vision board, content, glue or thumbtacks, and begin turning your dreams into an expression of your best year yet!
- Your board can be minimal and focused or sprawling and energetic, it’s about whatever works best for you and your goals. This is your vision for 2021 and you have the full freedom to manifest it however you please.
- Placement is where your imagination and creativity can run free. The design of the vision board is completely up to you. It can mirror the ebb and flow of your life or have no pattern at all; just be sure that it does reflect the inspiring theme(s) you chose to keep yourself motivated and on task!
Step Four: Start Manifesting(Did we say pour more wine yet? Crafts should never be done on an empty glass!)
- Place or hang your vision board somewhere that you can visually access on a daily basis. Where and when, is your vision board able to best reach you? Are you a morning person that does your best thinking while getting ready in the bathroom mirror, or while warming up your coffee? Maybe you’re a night owl that does your finest work late in the gym, or at the end of the day with a tall glass of Black Girl Magic Rosé. Either/or, give your vision board a home in a place where you elevate: in the bathroom by the mirror, in the kitchen on the fridge, at the office over your desk, etc..
- Thinking about your ambitions daily will make a habit of them. So make sure you pass by your vision board at least 3 times a day!
- Take a deep breath (and a big sip) to get ready for a new year. Embrace an attitude of gratitude for yourself, your ambition, and the friends and family that will help build you, and your dreams for 2021.
- You couldn’t have envisioned a brilliant future without loved ones you’d like to share it with, so double-check to make sure they’re somehow included in the messages on your board.
Now Get Ready For An Amazing New Year + Download our Vision Board Prints Here!
We can’t stress the importance of quality time with your dreams and aspirations. Above all else, we hope this vision board inspires you to live this next year to the fullest; and to celebrate every accomplishment, moment of happiness, and hardship. We are all strong enough to get through anything, especially as a community! When we were vision boarding for 2020, we never could have anticipated the highs and lows of this year. Not even in our wildest dreams could we have imagined being supported by your strength, style, and grace through it all. You are at the center of our vision board for 2021; because we would not be where we are today without you. Your encouragement inspires us to cultivate a better world for women, and to shine an especial light on beautiful examples of Black women being loved and uplifted. Thank you for helping us grow our Black Girl Magic Wines collection throughout this past year. This brand has been welcomed by an exceptional amount of excitement by this community. You have all showered these brands with so much love and enthusiasm, that the passion for these wines and the message that they serve, is the true magic of 2020.
Thank you again for one of our best years yet. It is our wish to bring quality, love, and celebration into your life for many more years to come! Cheers to the New Year!