Herb and Ricotta Cheese Frittata with Prosciutto
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Serves: 4 to 6
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives, divided
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 oz thinly sliced prosciutto
- Preheat oven to 430°F. Grease 9-inch pie plate; set aside.
- In medium skillet set over medium heat, add oil. Add onion, garlic and tomatoes; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until fragrant and softened; set aside.
- In medium bowl, add eggs, onion-tomato mixture, 1/2 cup ricotta, pecorino, milk, 1 tbsp chives, 1 tbsp parsley, salt, pepper and paprika. Stir to combine. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and fluffy and eggs are set. Top with dollops of remaining ricotta cheese and prosciutto slices, and garnish with remaining chives and remaining parsley.
Tip: For a vegetarian alternative, omit prosciutto. Top instead with sliced avocado, arugula and a drizzle of olive oil.