YES SHE CAN 2021 Opens May 3, 2021
The McBride Sisters SHE CAN Fund invests in the professional advancement and career growth of high-potential, professional women, with a particular focus on women of color. Our mission is to close the gender and race gap in leadership positions in wine & spirits, hospitality, and finance industries by providing professional development
scholarships to emerging women leaders.
Right now, only 10% of California’s 4,000+ wineries have female head winemakers, and women own only 4% of them. Among senior roles in hedge funds, venture capital, and private equity, women hold just 11%, 9%, and 6% of the positions, respectively. In the hospitality industry, only 12 percent of the leaders are women.
This year, the McBride Sisters SHE CAN Fund’s #YESSHECAN2021 program will award grants to high-potential professional women in the fields of wine & spirits, hospitality, and finance. Specifically, grants will support continuing
education, leadership coaching and training, and industry conferences & events.
Applications are open on May 3rd, 2021. Deadline to apply is June 15, 2021, at midnight PST.
- Continuing Education ($1,000-$5,000 Awards)
- Leadership Coaching & Training ($2,000 Awards)
- Industry Conferences & Events ($1,000 Awards)
To qualify for an award, you have to:
- Be a woman
- Currently work in one of these industries:
- Wine & Spirits
- Have 3+ years of employment in one of the above industries
- Be at least 21 years of age
Priority will be given to:
- Women of color
- Mothers and single mothers
- HBCU students and/or graduates
- Women working at women-owned businesses
- Women working for a small business (fewer than 50 employees)
- Women who have worked in one of the industries for over 10 years
How to Apply
- Go to https://aim.applyists.net/ to create an account
- Enter the program key “YesSheCan2021” to access this program
- Start a new application for the 2021-22 year
- Save your progress until you are ready to submit your application
McBride Sisters SHE CAN Fund made possible by the following Corporate Sponsors and Program Partners: