National Accounts Director
The National Accounts Director is responsible for strategically managing portfolio volume and brand growth within a defined account base. Qualifications include detailed knowledge of the national account business model including pricing, programming, program execution, and inventory management; exceptional organizational skills, a positive and problem-solving attitude, strong work ethic with the ability to change gears and work efficiently. As we are a growing company, a sense of urgency in completing work is crucial. Comfort working collaboratively with a team is a must.
Defined Accounts: Account universe is yet to be determined
Essential Functions: The job description reflects management's assignments of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
Sales Plan Development and Performance (50%)
- Drive business with aligned strategy in defined account base to hit annual case goal targets.
- Design and present new programs to account buyers and distributor personnel which satisfy key business objectives.
- Support and coordinate internal monthly sales forecasting and planning.
- Recommend and implement effective programming and pricing strategies, possess knowledge of pricing models, structures, and account planning strategies.
- Financial acumen, to ensure profitability of brands within the account base (sales contribution, revenue).
- Accountability for the annual planning process, including pricing, programming, and forecasting sales based on sales related data.
Program Execution (25%)
- Review progress to goal against chain programming with applicable distributors; utilize programming and other mechanisms within budget to stay on track to goal.
- Continually review sales against established goals to ensure performance to plan.
- Achieve sales plans by developing, cultivating, and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders and leverage relationships to explore new business opportunities and additional programming.
- Use internal and external resources to identify and target the top performing opportunity SKU’s in the defined accounts that can make a difference in achieving sales goals for the portfolio.
- Collaborate closely with MSWC Regional Sales Directors, distributor leadership (e.g., Chain VP’s, Chain Account Executives, and merchandising leadership) to ensure execution against programming, assess performance to goal, and ensure appropriate resources and focus are dedicated to our programmed items.
- Implement National Account program directives and associated merchandising directives in market with the distributor.
- Review and monitor sales data; sales volume, share trends, pricing information, etc. to assess business opportunities and threats.
- Leverage resources to prioritize business development opportunities, identify levers for future growth, and develop tactical plans to drive volume though.
Communication and Administration (15%)
- Serve as primary representative for each account as defined.
- Participate in sales and distributor planning with management teams, and work cross-functionally to improve processes within the organization.
- Ability to leverage technology and digital assets in order to monitor performance, identify opportunities, direct the action of distributor personnel, make decisions, and complete exception reporting.
- Manage files, records, documents and reports.
Additional Tasks and Responsibilities (10%)
- Cultivate basic wine knowledge and fluency to leverage it in business communications and with key accounts.
- Exercise independent judgement and discretion on sensitive and confidential projects and assignments.
- Apply knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance McBride Sisters Collection’s goals.
- Required to travel by air and automobile based on business needs.
- Professional and emotional maturity – the ability to see the big picture and work within it to complete assignments with speed and accuracy.
- Deft in obtaining cooperation and maintaining relationships in the pursuit of goals.
- Ability to influence, negotiate, and resolve conflicts in order to reach common goals.
- Experience making effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to both customers and distributor partners.
- The ability to work efficiently within time constraints.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (both oral and written).
- Basic math skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to think critically to solve problems.
- An ability to multitask and be agile within a changing environment and with new responsibilities.
- Excellent computer skills to include MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Asana, Google Documents, Google Sheets, and Google Calendar.
- Valid driver’s license, auto insurance, and vehicle access requires with an acceptable driving record, when applicable.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 10 years minimum in Wine & Spirits supplier/distributor sales experience required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience successfully leading teams and partnering with other corporate functions to achieve success in a dynamic work environment.
- Experience addressing strategic issues as well as day-to-day operational concerns.
- Strong P&L and budget management experience.
- Ability to lift up to 65 pounds for in office shipment receiving
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- This is a remote position that requires working out of a home office.
McBride Sisters Collection is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, pregnancy, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, physical/mental disabilities, military status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law.
If the above sounds like you, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: National Accounts Director -‘your full name here’. No need for fancy cover letters. Just include your resume, and why you think you’re the best fit for this role in your email. Thank you!