Grass Fed Beef Burger with Tomato Bacon Jam & Garlic Mayo
Burgers are better with wine. The rich, mouth-watering tomato bacon jam and the juicy tenderness of the burger with raw red onion are seamlessly combined with a silky sip of the Red Blend.
- 1 pound 80/20 grass fed ground beef (makes 4, 1/4lb burgers)
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- kosher salt & fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- arugula, cheddar cheese, beefsteak tomato & red onion for serving (optional)
Tomato Bacon Jam
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 slices applewood smoked bacon
- 1 medium vidalia onion, chopped
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- About ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
Roasted Garlic Mayo
- ½ cup mayo (Duke’s Mayo)
- 1 head of garlic, the top cut off
- extra virgin olive oil
- Season the ground beef and form into 4 patties
- In a cast iron skillet on medium heat with some EVOO, prepare the burgers to your liking - 4 minutes on each side for medium rare.
- For the tomato bacon jam. In a deep dutch oven pot or a pot with a lid, add the bacon strips and cook until done on medium heat.
- Remove and chop.
- In the same pot, add the chopped vidalia onion and let sauté for about 2 minutes. Season with salt & pepper.
- Once soft, add the tomatoes, chopped bacon, brown sugar, dijon & ground mustard and apple cider vinegar.
- Stir to combine and let simmer and reduce over medium low heat with the lid slightly ajar for 30 minutes. Until the tomatoes are cooked down and the liquid is reduced so it is nice and jammy!
- Let cool and set aside.
- For the roasted garlic mayo: Preheat your oven to 275.
- Place the full head of garlic that the top is sliced off on a sheet of aluminum foil. Drizzle EVOO over and carefully wrap so the entire head of garlic is covered.
- Bake for an hour or two hours until the garlic is fragrant and soft.
- Once cooled and safe to handle, squeeze all the cloves of garlic into the mayo and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour to deepen the flavor!
- Prepare your burger to your liking with lots of roasted garlic mayo & tomato bacon jam!