Dutch Baby with Red Wine Syrup
May 5, 2022
Decadent syrup is made with our McBride Sisters Collection Red Blend and spiced cocoa powder for an indulgent finish on this delicious twist on a pancake. A sweet and refined dish that’s perfect for entertaining with your girls.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour (+ 10 minutes standing time)
- Serves: 4 to 6
- 2 cups McBride Sisters Collection Red Blend, Central Coast, California 2019
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup chopped brie cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy or whipping (35%) cream
- 3/4 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 3 tbsp confectioners’ (icing) sugar
- In medium skillet set over medium heat, stir together wine, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon and cloves. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened and syrupy. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425°F. Place oven-safe 9-inch skillet on middle rack.
- In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, flour, milk, salt and remaining granulated sugar until smooth. Let batter rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to stovetop, add butter and swirl to coat. Pour batter into skillet and top with brie cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed and browned along the edges.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, whisk cream until stiff peaks form. Serve over Dutch baby and top with raspberries and walnuts. Drizzle evenly with wine reduction and dust with confectioners’ sugar.
Tips: Substitute raspberries with blackberries, strawberries or blueberries (or a combination of all!) if desired.
Serve with additional McBride Sisters Collection Red Blend, Central Coast, California 2019.