Dutch Baby with Red Wine Syrup
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour (+ 10 minutes standing time)
- Serves: 4 to 6
- 2 cups McBride Sisters Collection Red Blend, Central Coast, California 2019
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup chopped brie cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy or whipping (35%) cream
- 3/4 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 3 tbsp confectioners’ (icing) sugar
- In medium skillet set over medium heat, stir together wine, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon and cloves. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened and syrupy. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425°F. Place oven-safe 9-inch skillet on middle rack.
- In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, flour, milk, salt and remaining granulated sugar until smooth. Let batter rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to stovetop, add butter and swirl to coat. Pour batter into skillet and top with brie cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed and browned along the edges.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, whisk cream until stiff peaks form. Serve over Dutch baby and top with raspberries and walnuts. Drizzle evenly with wine reduction and dust with confectioners’ sugar.
Tips: Substitute raspberries with blackberries, strawberries or blueberries (or a combination of all!) if desired.
Serve with additional McBride Sisters Collection Red Blend, Central Coast, California 2019.