Total Cook: 2 hours 20 mins
1 lb cooked sweet potatoes
½ cup butter, softened
½ cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (9 inch) pie crust
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Boil sweet potato in whole skin for 40-50 or until done or bake in the oven. Run cold water over the sweet potato, and remove the skin.
3. Break apart sweet potato in a bowl. Add butter, sugars, cream, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until smooth (be careful not to over mix). Pour filling into unbaked pie crust.
4. Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Pie will puff up like a soufflé, and then will sink down as it cools.
5. Let rest for 20-30 minutes and serve.