The weather is starting to cool down and it finally feels like fall is here. Which of course, is the perfect time to start making delicious comfort foods. Here is our recipe for an upgraded, gourmet, grilled cheese sandwich, that goes perfect with our McBride Sisters Truvée Chardonnay - Cheers!
McBride Sisters Gourmet Grilled Cheese Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter for the skillet + more for spreading on your bread slices
- 4 slices Brioche bread
- ½ cup La Tur Cheese
- 6-8 slices prosciutto
- ½ of any sweet, crunchy apple; such as Honeycrisp, Fuji, Gala or Jonagold, thinly sliced using a mandolin slicer
- Serve with Robin's Grenache jelly and pair with the McBride Sisters Truvée Chardonnay
- Butter one slice of bread on both sides and set aside. Using a cast iron skillet or non-stick skillet, heat one tablespoon of butter in your skillet over medium heat. Let the butter melt completely and then lay your slice of buttered bread into the skillet and top with a ¼ cup of the grated La Tour Cheese. Cover the skillet with a lid and let the cheese melt until it’s almost entirely melted, for about 2-3 minutes.
- Next, lift the lid and top the melted cheese with the prosciutto and apple slices and cover again with the lid for a minute or two. Butter one side of the second slice of bread with the apples and flip your grilled cheese to begin toasting the other side. You do not need to cover the pan again since your cheese is already melting nicely. You can flip a couple more times if desired until you have nice, golden brown toasty bread on both sides.
- Repeat everything for your second grilled cheese sandwich. Serve with Robin's Grenache jelly and McBride Sisters ‘Truvée Chardonnay.’ Enjoy!