McBride Sisters Collection Reserve Pinot Noir "Papatūānuku" Central Otago, New Zealand 2020
6 and 12 Bottle Club Member Price: $62.99
Reserve Club Member Price: $59.49
Reconnect with Mother Earth through our first McBride Sisters Collection Reserve Pinot Noir from Aotearoa New Zealand*, where Andréa grew up splitting time between her mother’s family and her Māori foster family.
This spicy, velvety red delivers everything you’re craving from Central Otago Pinot Noir. Bright red fruits and plum meet seductive sandalwood, baking spice and brown sugar aromas from a light touch of oak. Elegant minerality and smooth tannins lift up the gorgeous core of black cherry, red fruits, and violets.
We sourced our grapes for this wine in the Bannockburn, Gibbston and Pisa sub-regions of Central Otago on the South Island. We de-stemmed 80% of them to emphasize the gorgeous fruit purity, and fermented the remaining 20% in whole bunches to build complexity. After fermentation with wild yeast and daily punch downs, the wine was aged in 85% neutral French oak barrels, and bottled unfined and unfiltered to celebrate its natural beauty.
“The indigenous Māori people have strong spiritual bonds to the land, and to Papatūānuku—Mother Earth —who sustains all life. Our Central Otago Reserve Pinot Noir is inspired by this bond, and dedicated to the stewardship of humanity and the environment." - Andréa McBride John
*Wine shipping laws are insanely complicated and strict, so unfortunately we can’t ship our New Zealand wines into the following states: Connecticut, Michigan, Missouri, Iowa, and Maine