The Senior Accountant is responsible for the day-to-day Financial support for the Company’s Sales Divisions and Wine Operations. This position provides accounting support in inventory, COGS reporting and analysis, account reconciliations and monthly/annual close activities.
- Support the Finance Department in the monthly close process analyzing, adjusting, preparing and recording journal entries and required accruals both accurately and timely.
- Run data files and reports from multiple sources; consolidate and summarize data; isolate anomalies and reconcile balances; interpret transactional data for input to financial systems.
- Responsible for reconciling general ledger balances.
- Responsible for validation/interpretation of information in subsidiary systems (inventory, sales, costs) and adjusting general ledger balance as appropriate.
- Responsible for inventory management, tracking of case goods, reconciling, perform variance analysis and prepare supporting adjustments.
- Coordinate monthly inventory cycle counts and quarterly physical inventories and adjusting general ledger balance as appropriate.
- Perform analysis and forecasts on project and operational production costs.
- Applies cost principles to analyze project costs and reconcile variances.
- Assist in the budget planning process by providing revenue and cost inputs.
- Support audit requests, ensuring financial information is presented clearly, consistently and on time.
- Ability to organize and efficiently manipulate large data sets in Excel
- Perform additional projects, analysis and accounting functions as requested.
- Bachelors Degree required. Business Administration, Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 Years experience with increasing responsibility in Finance/Accounting.
- Proven analytical skills and knowledge of key finance and accounting concepts.
- Advanced demonstrated computer skills with intermediate or advanced Excel working knowledge.
- Ability to communicate well, follow through, build strong relationships, prioritize and manage multiple priorities and timelines, adjust to change.
- Wine Industry experience preferred.
- Salary DO
If the above sounds like you, send an email to email@example.com with subject line: Senior Accountant -‘your full name here’. No need for fancy cover letters. Just include your resume, and why you think you’re the best fit for this role in your email. Thank you!