Trade Marketing Manager
The Trade Marketing Manager is an integral member of our Trade Marketing team, contributing to our growth and ongoing success. They are also a key part of our passionate, driven, and innovative culture as one of our internal experts on retail marketing tools & promotions.
Reporting to the Trade Marketing Director, this position will contribute to the planning and flawless execution of all trade marketing presentations, programs and tactics to ensure our wines success in Off- and On-Premise accounts. At the intersection of marketing and sales, the Trade Marketing Manager will work cross-functionally with Regional Sales and National Account Sales Managers, Sales Planning, Business Intelligence, Digital/Social Marketing and Creative partners.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The job description reflects management's assignments of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Lead, manage and collaborate on the development and execution of Trade Marketing initiatives for an assigned set of National/Regional Accounts as well as Broad Market Independents.
- Oversee the development of a suite of POS tools aligned to dedicated programs, as well as unique opportunities, from initial planning through implementation. Ensure brand standards are followed at every turn, creative partners are properly briefed, production is aligned to our standard of excellence, and that deadlines are met to ensure proper execution in the market.
- Vigilant follow up with 3rd party partners, marketing agencies, vendors & production facilities, designers and logistics companies to successfully manage projects to expected timelines.
- Manage commercial communications tools, e.g., program activation guides, distributor newsletter, and other commercial communications. Collaborate with the Director of Trade Marketing, creative partners and the Marketing team to ensure that the brand messaging, voice, tone, look and feel for all brands and products is consistent across all platforms.
- Partner with third-party agencies and providers to develop and implement 3-Tier specific programmatic campaigns. Identify key account opportunities, define parameters, and author briefs to ensure plans are strategically sound and well-executed. Set expectations for partners to deliver post-program analytics in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with the Trade Marketing team, distributor partners, and eCommerce providers to ensure all content is current and accurate. Plan advertising and marketing programs that align to seasonal themes ensuring consistency of messaging across 3-Tier platforms
- Collaborate with sales partners and outside agencies to ensure that in-store tastings are executed consistently, successfully and within budget. Participate in planning and execution of select special consumer events, trade-focused events, and sponsorships.
- Contribute to our developing culture through positivity, collaboration, strong communication, hard work, passion, and FUN. We roll up our sleeves to get all the work done and we have a blast doing it.
Skills, Education, and Experience:
- You are well-versed in our 3-Tier community (whether they shop in-store or online). You’ll be the “go to” since you’ll know who they are, what drives their decision-making and how to best support them. You’ll be seen as a resource across the company for these valuable insights.
- Deep experience with the three-tier selling system with agility to cross into the fourth-tier eCommerce landscape -- BtoB, BtoC, Omni-channel and Pure Play
- Dazzling Presentation Skills: Build visually compelling and effective slides and selling materials for sales and marketing teams using company formats and templates.
- Quick Study: Gain a strong understanding of each wine and the stories behind the wine for the most effective communication strategies.
- Identify opportunities and bring ideas to the team to capitalize on these opportunities—we are a disruptor, so you’ll need to look at things differently vs. the standard industry playbook.
- You are a role model for our company values:
- Tenacity: Our tenacity is fueled by our mission, and we work smarter and harder than anyone else drawing from experience, other disciplines, innovation, and creativity.
- Team: Strategic thinkers with attention to detail. Everything is possible when we do it together. Our mission requires a talented, dedicated, disciplined and mission-oriented team.
- Speed & Accuracy: We turn ideas into action. We beat the competition because we are faster strategists, achievers and more accurate than they are.
- Excellence: We never stop improving processes and how we operate. Excellence is driven by process, fervent attention to detail and going above and beyond to be the best.
- Measurement: Measurement is mandatory and a part of the process to excellence. It's the only way we hold ourselves accountable, grow and WIN!
- Joy: Enjoy the process! What's better than disrupting a tired industry to make it better, doing it with awesome people and drinking great wine!
- Solid understanding of Trade Marketing, Shopper Marketing and Promotional programming requirement and related tactics
- Bachelor’s degree required, Marketing or Communications a plus
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, time management, project planning and management skills
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite and Google suite, e.g., Word/Docs and Excel/Sheets and PowerPoint/Slides. Familiarity of project management platform and tools a plus
- Self-starter with the desire to learn and evolve a relevant skill set
Beneficial Personal Characteristics:
- Results-oriented team player who thrives in a fast paced, high intensity, dynamic environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at one time
- Works with a strong sense of urgency
- Possess a “can do” attitude and believes anything is possible with the right focus
- Equally comfortable working independently as well as part of a team
- Able to course correct to feedback and demonstrate agility within a dynamic environment
- Questions the way things are done in a constructive manner and recommends new ways-of-working that improves results, both within your role and for the team at large
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions, business units and geographies
- Highly adaptive to change, able to pivot when required
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with others in a diverse environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate directly and succinctly
- Ability to travel to field and corporate offices for team meetings, organization-wide functions
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time and perform data entry/word processing functions.
- Should be able to lift 45 lbs. on occasion.
Location: Oakland, CA/temporarily remote
McBride Sisters Collection is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, pregnancy, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, physical/mental disabilities, military status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law.
This role is based at our headquarters in Oakland, California with an immediate start date.
If the above sounds like you, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Trade Marketing Manager -‘your full name here’. No need for fancy cover letters. Just include your resume, any social links (LinkedIn, FB, IG) and why you think you’re the best fit for this role in your email. Thank you!