Regional Sales Director, Central US
Role Description: Proactive, organized & positive-energy Regional Sales Director, Central US
Dynamic, engaging company is seeking a Regional Sales Director to keep our small but quickly-growing business grooving. Reporting to SVP of Sales, the role is responsible for strategically managing brand growth within a defined region. Qualifications include detailed knowledge of the wine market including pricing, programming and inventory management; established contacts in the defined region, exceptional organizational skills, a positive and problem-solving attitude, strong work ethic with the ability to change gears and work efficiently. As we are a growing company, a sense of urgency in completing work is crucial. Comfort working collaboratively with a team is a must.
Defined Region: Central US excluding Texas (AR, IA, IL, IN, KS, LA, MI, MN, MO, ND, NE, OH, OK, SD, WI )
Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Drive business with aligned strategy in defined region to hit annuals case goal targets
- Support and coordinate monthly sales forecasting activities of region
- Recommend and implement effective pricing strategies, possess knowledge of pricing models, structures and discounting patterns in defined region
- Analyze and control other expenditures of region not to exceed budget
- Gain agreement to goals and pricing/programming plan with each distributor in region annuals
- Review progress to goal monthly with distributors in region; utilizes programming and other mechanism within budget to stay on track to goal
- Continually review inventory by market to prevent out of stock
- Point person for Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits’ Regional Marketing Director in region
- Achieve sales plans by developing, cultivating and maintaining strong relationships with key buyers, leverage relationships to explore new business opportunities.
- Use internal and external resources to identify and target Top 50 accounts in territory that can make a difference in achieving sales goals for the key brands.
- Collaborate with internal National Accounts team to ensure new programs are executed at a high level in market
- Provide solve any market level issues with National Account compliance, pricing, inventory, etc.
- Implement National Account program or merchandising agreement in market with the distributor
- Reviews and monitors sales data; sales volume, share trends, pricing information, etc. to assess business opportunities and threats
- Develop and implement strategies to remove barriers for growth and extends our account relationships
- Leverage resources to prioritize business development opportunities, identify levers for future growth, and develop tactical plans to drive volume though
- Will require 50-60% travel.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Established distributor and key account contacts in region
- Detailed knowledge of the wine industry
- Knowledge of pricing, programming and inventory
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred
- 5+ years’ industry experience
- Strong negotiating skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to see the big picture and work within it to complete assignments in a timely
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced excel skills including use of pivot tables and advanced formulas
- Computer skills to include: MS Word, MS Excel, Google sharing documents, sheets and calendars
This role is based remote based near a major airport in a major market within the defined region.
If the above sounds like you, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Regional Sales Director, Central US -‘your full name here’. No need for fancy cover letters. Just include your resume and why you think you’re the best fit for this role in your email. Thank you!