Regional Franchise Sales Manager
Role Description: Regional Franchise Sales Manager
The McBride Sisters are looking for an exceptional region franchise sales manager with an entrepreneurial spirit – someone who is passionate and knowledgeable about the wine industry and wants to accelerate growth for an incredible brand. Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President of Sales, this individual will oversee, plan, communicate and execute the sales goals for CO, NM, AR, AL, GA, TN, IL, WI, MI, OH, WV, VA, NC, NJ, CT, NH, MA, VT, ME achieving ambitious volume targets in your market. The ideal individual will also have experience testing and growing new channels of business. In this key management role, you’ll also be expected to recruit and grow a team of sales ambassadors and external agencies to execute your plans magically. Your analytical side will ensure you deliver results and your creative side will ensure you’re always pushing the boundaries for the brand.
This role needs a self-starter with excellent project management skills and a demonstrable track record in making things happen.
Are you ready?
This role is based in Atlanta or Illinois. Start date is January 6, 2020.
Diversity & Inclusion:
We’re doing our part by welcoming teammates with opinions and experiences across every race, gender, age, religion and identity. This allows us to better understand and serve our customers—because we are our customers.
- Oversee, plan, communicate and execute the sales goals for a specified region. Achieve ambitious volume objectives within your market.
- Manage a team of Market managers and/or district managers by oversight of sales and merchandising/general market efforts for the region.
- Train, develop, and mentor market managers to foster the growth of their leadership skills and build the overall success of the teams within your division of responsibility.
- Create innovative sales techniques and communicate attainment plans to managers' to meet company and supplier sales goals.
- Analyze sales statistics and recommend policy developments to enhance sales figures and foster goal attainment.
- Provide consistent and regular communication to executive management team. Plan, organize and execute meetings and presentations to inspire confidence among wholesalers and gain endorsement as an effective company spokesperson.
- Strategize with executive management and provide sales reports/results reflecting case volume sales activity in respective merchandising division.
- Identify market trends and developments in product categories, geographic regions and among grocery store account base to remain at the forefront when compared to the competition.
- Build, maintain and nurture strong and productive business relationships among the trade community and in accordance with all customers/accounts in set geographic region to ensure satisfaction level is high and desired results are being accomplished.
- At least 5-7 years’ of sales, and management experience that includes supervising and directing a personnel
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook,VIP)
- In-depth and sophisticated understanding of wine to include regions/varietals, product/food pairing techniques, basic production, and service.
- Demonstrated success in building and improving relationships with customers and buyers combined with established and effective rapport in entire geographic region.
- Able to inspire, coach and lead a team by example.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills are needed for sales trainings and meetings among executive sales/supplier management teams.
- “Hands-on” management approach in an intense, fast-paced startup environment.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Proven track record of strong sales and leadership skills in previous/current work experience.
- Goal oriented, focused, and assertive individual who needs little direction or supervision.
- Valid driver's license, and an acceptable driving record.
- Lift and carry a 45+ pound case of product on an occasional basis.
- Travel when necessary 50%
- Intellectually curious and cool to challenge the status quo
- Natural, empowering leader – experience in motivating and uniting teams
- Data driven with the ability to mix in gut instinct
- Team Player who keeps communication lines open
- Always on the lookout for process improvements
- Relishes changing environments
If the above sounds like you, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Regional Franchise Sales Manager -‘your full name here’. No need for fancy cover letters. Just include your resume, any social links (LinkedIn, FB, IG) and why you think you’re the best fit for this role in your email. Thank you!