Operations and Sales Support Specialist
This role will support the Operations Manager with distributor order management, procurement, coordination of wine production, and logistics.
- Process and track all distributor orders daily according to current Operations Department procedure.
- Manage product set-up in distributor systems, distributor product transfers, billing issues, repack materials, and any other customer service needs.
- Communicate to Sales Team weekly order totals, inventory, and any order management or production concerns.
- Process and track all sample orders according to current Operations Department procedure.
- Track and maintain weekly order and inventory reports.
- Ensure material needs and any compliance requirements are met for scheduled production.
Track all bulk wine purchases, COLAs, licenses and other permits as needed.
- Track inventory for all packaging materials to ensure adequate quantity against production schedule; alert Manager to any potential issues.
- Track orders and pricing of materials used for all products.
- Arrange shipping as needed from wineries to warehouses both domestic and international and prepares all BOLs, purchase orders and other paperwork as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Wine supplier or distributor experience preferred.
- Minimum two years operational experience with production, logistics, and/or purchasing.
- Knowledge and understanding of wine industry segments and general functions.
Other duties and projects as assigned.
Personal Skills and Competencies
- Must be extremely proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Proficient Microsoft Office & G-Suite skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional “can do” attitude and a strong work ethic, attention to detail and organization is a
This is an exempt position. All applicants must be able to work at any time as scheduled by Management. Some amount of the department’s work takes place evenings and weekends and is project oriented. Some variability of hours may be required. Some travel may be required.
This role is based at our headquarters in Oakland, California with an immediate start date.
If the above sounds like you, send an email to email@example.com with subject line: Operations and Sales Support Specialist -‘your full name here’. No need for fancy cover letters. Just include your resume, any social links (LinkedIn, FB, IG) and why you think you’re the best fit for this role in your email. Thank you!