Director of Marketing
Role Description: Director of Marketing
The McBride Sisters are looking for an exceptional Marketing Boss with an entrepreneurial spirit – someone who is passionate and knowledgeable about the wine industry and wants to accelerate growth for an incredible brand. Reporting directly to the co-founder, this individual will own the strategy and set the plan, overseeing all marketing activity, including on and offline media, PR, social media, partnerships and events. The ideal individual will also have experience testing and growing new channels (e.g. digital and social). In this key leadership role, you’ll lead a team of marketers and external agencies to execute your plans magically. Your analytical side will ensure you deliver results and your creative side will ensure you’re always pushing the boundaries for the brand.
This role needs a self-starter with excellent project management skills and a demonstrable track record in making things happen.
Are you ready?
This role is based in Oakland, CA at the McBride Sisters HQ.
Diversity & Inclusion:
We’re doing our part by welcoming teammates with opinions and experiences across every race, gender, age, religion and identity. This allows us to better understand and serve our customers—because we are our customers.
- Develop and execute the overall marketing strategy while determining the most effective marketing mix including digital, social, offline channels, events, etc.
- Own the overall marketing budget, continually optimizing channels to maximize performance.
- Create and execute a segmented marketing approach to ensure that the unique needs of different audience targets are met.
- Partner with the Sales Team to ensure that trade materials are innovative, impactful and tell/sell the story.
- Create and optimize lead generation plan
- Work with the co-founders to refine the product proposition, including pricing & distribution strategies to best serve the market while maintaining MSC’s strong brand affinity.
- Build strong and effective relationships with internal teams, including Operations, Finance, Customer Service and the Executive Team
- Accurate and insightful sales projections for DTC and Wine Club
- Curate every touchpoint of our wine lovers’ brand experience including the tasting room (2020), retail shelf, online shop, lifestyle events and wine clubs
- Manage external agencies to build brand awareness through PR and other marketing communications channels.
- Identify and manage key Partnerships to build MSC’s brand affinity.
- Lead a team that includes performance marketing, channel and trade marketing.
Experience / Background:
- 10+ years of related business experience, wine industry experience strongly preferred
- Digital Know-how: You understand digital marketing (paid and earned) and have managed a marketing budget where online represented a significant portion.
- Leadership/Management: You are an effective leader who can inspire teams, and you will have built, managed and mentored groups of future leaders.
- Start-Up Experience: If you’ve helped successfully grow an early stage business, that’s preferred
- Partnerships: Experience in developing, negotiating and managing partnerships or joint marketing campaigns with other leading brands Is preferred
Skills – The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Familiarity with Mac & Google Suite
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing (or a related field), MBA preferred
- Clear, concise communication style and be able to work well with a wide range of personalities
- The mojo to thrive in an environment that is fast-paced, deadline driven and rapidly changing; Customer focus and flexibility are key
- The ability to deal with ambiguity while making sound business decisions
- The strong ability to unpick consumer insights and foresee business opportunities fast
- Excellent presentation skills
- Intellectually curious and cool to challenge the status quo
- Natural, empowering leader – experience in motivating and uniting teams
- Data driven with the ability to mix in gut instinct
- Team Player who keeps communication lines open
- Always on the lookout for process improvements
- Relishes changing environments
If the above sounds like you, please apply. No need for fancy cover letters. Just include your resume, any social links (LinkedIn, FB, IG) and why you think you’re the best fit for this role. Thank you!