The McBride Sisters, the largest black-owned, women-owned wine company in the country, are looking to add new talent to our small but mighty Design Team. The successful candidate will have experience with lifestyle brands (e.g. wine & spirits, fashion, beauty) and be able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. This position can be based anywhere in the US, as long as you can work in the Pacific Time Zone.
The Designer will work on a variety of digital and offline projects, including but not limited to online ads, website graphics, social assets, print collateral and product design. The role will support multiple teams across the company including Marketing, Sales, Exec Leadership and DTC/Wine Operations.
This position will report to the Design Director and be part of our in-house Creative Studio.
About You - You've got :
- A portfolio of dazzling work in both online and offline realms
- Flexibility when it comes to reprioritizing tasks due to business demands
- A “let’s do this” attitude where no task is too big or too small; Willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- The ability to work independently and see projects through
- A thoughtful eye that cares about the details
- A passion for, and thorough understanding of, layout, color and typography
Job Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Design & implementation of online ads and additional web campaigns from storyboards to final completion.
- Graphic design of offline assets ranging from postcards to flyers and other branded collateral
- Web graphic production, creation of online newsletter graphics, coding for electronic emails
- HTML support and working within our in-house publishing system to manage web page graphics & text layouts
- Design & development of Photoshop & Flash based animations for digital ads
- Image sourcing, product retouching & manipulation as needed for Creative Services requests
- Collaboration with internal marketing and operations teams to execute brand marketing and web-based communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design plus up to 4 years agency experience designing on and offline materials. Lifestyle brand experience a must.
- Solid skill set using Adobe Creative Cloud; Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash and knowledge in Action scripting
- Ability to develop animations in Photoshop, Flash and/or other tools
- Experience coding HTML and CSS
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite products; capable of handling a variety of projects
- Strong attention to detail, a mind for innovation, the ability to manage multiple projects and ensure projects are completed on time
- Ability to take direction and work closely with other team members
- Ability to work independently, be self motivated in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to maintain brand aesthetics across multiple platforms and media
- PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME ALONG WITH A COVER LETTER AND LINK TO YOUR ONLINE PORTFOLIO WHEN APPLYING
The Attitude/ Our Beliefs:
- Tenacity: Fueled by our mission. We work smarter and harder than anyone else, drawing from experience across other disciplines, innovation and creativity.
- Team: Strategic thinkers with attention to detail. Everything is possible when we do it together. Our mission requires talented, dedicated, disciplined and mission-oriented players.
- Speed & Accuracy: We turn ideas into action. We beat the competition because we are faster and more accurate than they are.
- Excellence: We never stop improving processes and how we operate. Excellence is driven by process, fervent attention to detail and going above and beyond to be the best.
- Measurement: Metrics are mandatory and a part of the path to excellence. It's the only way we hold ourselves accountable, grow and WIN!
- Joy: We enjoy the process. What's better than disrupting a tired industry to make it better, doing it with awesome people and drinking great wine!
If the above sounds like you, send an email to email@example.com with subject line: Designer (Midweight) -‘your full name here’.