The Controller is responsible for all accounting, financial reporting management, and internal controls. The role will lead and manage all financial operations necessary to deliver timely and accurate financial reporting in support of the company. The Controller will also participate in financial planning and analysis, advising senior management and team members on short-term and long-term financial objectives and will identify/implement opportunities to improve financial business processes and operational efficiencies.
The job description reflects management's assignments of essential functions; it
does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
Financial Reporting Management and Internal Controls (40%)
- Direct and implement accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Direct and support all aspects of the financial close cycle and financial statement preparation.
- Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, or reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Provide direction or assistance to other departments regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
- Formulate and recommend policies on receipt and disbursement of funds, extension of credit, and fiscal and accounting matters.
- Manage and protect the Company’s financial and capital assets.
- Monitor financial activities and details, such as cash flow and reserve levels.
- Coordinate all internal and external financial audits.
- Evaluate needs for procurement of funds and investment of surpluses and make appropriate recommendations.
- Oversee all aspects of the accounting function, including general ledgers, accounts receivable, accounts payable, sales order entry, account reconciliation, budget preparation, cash and banking, and the preparation of consolidated financial statements and related reports. Oversee Finance team responsible for these functions.
- Ensure that financial reporting and policies are consistent with GAAP and local statutory requirements as well as the requirements of other applicable regulatory bodies.
- Prepare and file annual tax returns or prepare financial information so that outside accountants can complete tax returns.
- Manage relationships with outside tax accountants, auditors, and other professionals as required.
- Determine depreciation rates to apply to capitalized items and advise management on actions regarding the purchase, lease, or disposal of such items.
Additional Tasks and Responsibilities (20%)
- Receive cash and checks and make deposits.
- Assist with maintaining, drafting, and reviewing company contracts.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Competency in strategic thinking with strong ability in relationship management, both internally and externally and at all levels.
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, US and International alcohol law, including tax and compliance at Federal, State, and foreign levels.
- Strong work ethic, ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task, and work under pressure.
- Ability to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously, with consistent adherence to deadlines.
- Commitment to excellence and high ethical standards.
- Advanced knowledge of financial computer systems and Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated leadership and team development skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and research skills.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written.
- Financial budget, forecast, and planning and analysis experience preferred.
- Experience in the wine and spirits industry preferred.
Education and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field of Business.
- 5-10 years of senior accounting management experience, some with a manufacturing or consumer products company, required.
- CPA preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
McBride Sisters Collection is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, pregnancy, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, physical/mental disabilities, military status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law.
If the above sounds like you, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Controller -‘your full name here’. No need for fancy cover letters. Just include your resume and why you think you’re the best fit for this role in your email. Thank you!