THE CONTROLLER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL ACCOUNTING, FINANCIAL REPORTING MANAGEMENT AND INTERNAL CONTROLS. THIS POSITION WILL LEAD AND MANAGE ALL FINANCIAL OPERATIONS NECESSARY TO DELIVER TIMELY AND ACCURATE FINANCIAL REPORTING IN SUPPORT OF THE COMPANY.
- Direct and support all aspects of the financial close cycle and financial statement preparation.
- Direct and implement accounting policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Coordinate all internal and external financial audits.
- Oversee all aspects of the accounting function; including general ledger, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
- Manage relationships with outside tax accountants, auditors, and other professionals as required.
- Assist with maintaining, drafting and reviewing company contracts.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5-10 years of senior accounting management experience, some with a manufacturing or consumer products company, required.
- Advanced education / experience in business management.
- CPA preferred.
- Financial budget, forecast and planning and analysis experience preferred.
- Strong work ethic, ability to adapt to rapidly-changing priorities and/or environments.
- Commitment to excellence and high ethical standards.
- Advanced knowledge of financial computer systems and Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated leadership and team development / training skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and research skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Success Factors & Job Competencies
- Problem solve while managing changing priorities and complex issues.
- Bring a positive attitude whether working individually or in a team setting.
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong self-management skills, with the added ability to take initiative, multi-task and work under pressure.
- Ability to effectively work on many projects simultaneously while consistently meeting deadlines.
This role is based at our headquarters in Oakland, California with an immediate start date.
If the above sounds like you, send an email to [EMAIL HERE] with subject line: Controller -‘your full name here’. No need for fancy cover letters. Just include your resume, any social links (LinkedIn, FB, IG) and why you think you’re the best fit for this role in your email. Thank you!