Talented, Agile Administrative Assistant
Dynamic, engaging company is seeking an Administrative Assistant to keep our quickly-growing business grooving. Qualifications include exceptional organizational skills, a positive and problem-solving attitude, a strong work ethic with the ability to change gears and work efficiently. As we are a growing company, a sense of urgency in completing work is crucial. Comfort working collaboratively with a team is a must.
There is an excellent opportunity to assume more responsibilities over time and grow with the company.
Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
Organizing Team Meetings and Communications
- Draft and send company wide internal updates and announcements
- Circulate meeting invites
- Slack admin and management of channels
- Assist department leads with projects
- Order office supplies
- Maintain office samples and re-orders
- Receive shipments
- Maintain office equipment
The ideal candidate will have:
- Comfort with problem-solving
- Professional maturity – the ability to see the big picture and work within it to complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Administrative experience a must.
- The ability to work efficiently within time constraints
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills
- An ability to multitask and be agile with a changing environment and new responsibilities
- A familiarity with both Mac and Windows-based operating systems
- Computer skills to include: MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Asana, Google sharing documents, sheets and calendars
- Familiarity with new employee orientation and onboarding, including the ordering and set up of new employee computers, and creating logins for internal company accounts
- Shipping and receiving experience. Including but not limited to international shipping, P.O. Box maintenance, and stocking shipping supplies
- Assisting with company virtual events and connection to maintain moral and company engagement
- An ability to lift 40 pounds for in office shipment receiving
- Must be local and have a car for package transport
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This role is based at our headquarters in Oakland, California with an immediate start date.
If the above sounds like you, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Administrative Assistant -‘your full name here’. No need for fancy cover letters. Just include your resume, any social links (LinkedIn, FB, IG) and why you think you’re the best fit for this role in your email. Thank you!