Chef Mark Phillips has you covered this Father's Day! He has paired our Central Coast Red Blend with a flank steak and mash potato combo, and let us tell you, this ain't your regular steak and mash! Use coupon code THANKSDAD to get 25% off of your purchase from our website to pair perfectly with Grilled Flank Steak with Rosemary Chimichuri Sauce and Florentine Mash Potatoes.
Recipe and details below - Cheers!
Florentine Mash Potatoes
1 1/2 pounds red potatoes (about 8 small), quartered, skin left on
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1 cup chopped cooked spinach
- Place potatoes in a large pot Add enough water to cover the potatoes. Stir in 1 teaspoon of the kosher salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer about 20 to 25 minutes .When potatoes pierce easily with a paring knife, remove from heat and drain.
- Place pot back on stove on medium heat. Add butter, garlic and spinach. Saute for 3-4 mins the add the remaining 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, pepper, and heavy cream.
- Add potatoes to the pot ( or transfer to a bowl) with the other ingredients and mix on medium speed until mostly smooth (there may be some lumps, but we usually don't mind that). Serve.
Grilled Flank Steak with Rosemary Chimichuri Sauce
FOR THE MARINADE
- 1 large flank steak
- ¾ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 4-5 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp of grated ginger
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tea chili flakes
- 1 tea black pepper
- 1/2 tea kosher salt
FOR THE CHIMICHURI SAUCE
- 1 large bunch cilantro
- ½ bunch parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup olive oil
For the Marinade and Grilling:
- Whisk all of the ingredients together and pour into a large ziploc bag.
- Add skirt steak to Ziploc bag with marinade and allow to marinade overnight preferably.
- When ready to grill you can add additional sprinkles of salt and pepper.
- Grill until golden brown and perfectly charred then allow to rest before slicing on a cutting board.
For the Chimichurri:
- Add all of the ingredients to a heavy duty blender or food processor and blend until everything is chopped up and smooth then serve. Seriously that easy.