Don't EVER say The McBride Sisters ain't got your back! We've worked with Chef Mark Phillips for your wine & food pairing for the 4th of July. And if you really want to show out, we suggest you try this Red Wine BBQ Jerk Wing recipe. TRUST .... you will have fans for life, and of course it pairs perfectly with our Red Blend. As we always say, a little Red Blend for the cooking and the rest for your glass!
Cheers and Happy 4th of July!
Red Wine BBQ Jerk Wings
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup McBride Sisters Collection Red Blend
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon graces Jerk paste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Kosher salt
- 1-2 lbs chicken wings
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Turn gas grill on charcoal to reach 350 degrees. Coat clean chicken with 1 tablespoon of Jerk paste and set aside. In a medium saucepan, heat the 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the garlic and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Whisk in the ketchup, wine, sugar, 1 table spoon jerk, lime juice, Worcestershire and mustard. Bring to a boil over moderately high heat, then simmer over moderately low heat, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 15 minutes. Let cool slightly, then puree in a blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Place chicken on preheated grill about 5-7 mins on each side. Remove from grill and line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and put a baking rack. Brush the chicken with some of the sauce and roast for 20 minutes longer, turning and basting every 10 minutes, until nicely glazed and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest piece registers 165°. Transfer to a platter and serve.